Here are some tips to create a good meta tag description:
- Please mention the most important keywords of the web page in the meta tag description.
- It is essential to write legible text.
Filling the meta description with keywords is not a good idea.
Because the search engine will think that you have a spam website.
Make sure that the meta description is written in an easy readable sentence.
- Treat the meta tag description as if it were an advertisement for your website.
Write it as convincing and relevant as possible.
The meta tag description should (of course) match the content on your page. But do this as attractively as possible.
The meta tag description is less important than the meta tag title. You can easily make a commercial sense of it.
Preferably with a call-to-action to encourage users to click through.
- The length of the meta tag description should not exceed 155 to 160 characters.
Please note that Google is currently testing longer meta descriptions.
But if they are longer now, the search engines will cut off a part of them.
So put the keywords in the beginning of the sentence.
- Never copy meta tag descriptions. The description should be different for each web page.
Otherwise Google will punish you in the search results for duplicating your meta tag description.
- Consider adding rich snippets if necessary. For example, you can add ratings and product information.
This will make your meta tag description more attractive.
If it doesn't work out this way, don't hesitate to contact us.
This can be done by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 09/395.02.92.